DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP PROCEDURES
- Parents will not be allowed into the building while children are in the center
- Only one family at a time will be permitted inside the foyer, where our administration will conduct a quick health screening
- Each family will have a specific time frame to pick-up and drop-off
- Infants must remain in their car seat to be transported into the center for safety reasons
- Both Children and staff must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering or being admitted to the center each day
- A designated staff member with the proper protective equipment will greet each family in the entryway to conduct a Health Screening prior to entering the school
- For Drop-Off, your child will be taken to their classroom
- For pick-up, a teacher will bring your child to the foyer
- Please be mindful of keeping a six-foot distance from others during drop-off and pick-up
HEALTH SCREENING AT ENTRY
- Daily temperature and symptom check of staff and children will be done upon entry. The temperature of every person entering the center must be taken, no one will be permitted with temperature of 100.4 degrees.
- Followed by a visual inspection of the child for flush cheeks, sneezes, or coughs, etc.
- If a medication was given to lower your child’s temperature you will not be admitted to the center
- We will ask if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet for 10 minutes or more) with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days; Or If anyone in their household has symptoms of respiratory illness (e.g. fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath)
- Please pay close attention to CDC guidance around travel to specific regions. If you travel to certain regions, you will need to follow CDC guidance for quarantining yourself and your family before returning to Le Petit Academy.
- All staff members will wear masks all-day
- The wearing of masks by children is encouraged. However, please note that masks cannot be worn by children under 2 or while napping.
- Please help familiarize children with the fact that their teachers will be wearing masks
PRACTICING SOCIAL DISTANCING
- In the classroom, we will practice social distancing whenever possible
- Your children will remain in the classroom or on the playground with the same teachers and classmates, and will not interact with different classes
- Classes will be separated by 10-feet
- Children will bring in their own school supplies which will be stored and not shared
- During naptime, children will sleep without masks and be positioned alternating head to toe or toe to toe.
- Bedding will be sent home daily
- Increased frequency of cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing high-touch surfaces and objects, such as toys, playground structures, and light switches throughout the day
- Any toys that cannot be sanitized have been removed
- Any soft toy that must be washed in a machine, can only be played by that one child and then it must be washed in the evening
- Stuffed toys and personal items will be sent home nightly for laundering to help combat germs in the center
HAND WASHING POLICY
Both Children and Staff are required to wash hands at the following times:
- Upon arrival at the center
- Before and after meal preparation and meals
- After diaper changes and bathroom usage
- After any outdoor activity
- After disposing of trash
FOOD PREP PROCEDURES
Teachers will continue to wear gloves while serving children with snack and lunch. We will discontinue family-style servings and the teachers will serve children individually.
VISITORS & TOURS
- When children are in the center visitors are not allowed unless it is essential
- Tours will be scheduled for times when children are not in the center, such as evenings and weekends
- Anyone entering the center as a visitor or part of a tour must be subject to a health check and must always wear a mask
To schedule a tour, ask a question, or send us feedback, please use the form to the right. We will get back to you as soon as possible.